Man Bitten By Shark Develops Flesh-Eating Bacteria

A man bitten on the leg by a 7-foot shark quickly gets treatment for his wounds. A week later, he suffers from excruciating pain brought about by flesh-eating bacteria.


In early August, Blaine Shelton from Texas was swimming at Crystal Beach in Houston when he spotted a fin, which he immediately knew was not from a friendly porpoise. He was reportedly about 200 yards from the shore, so he began swimming to get away from the shark. It was then that he was bitten on the thigh, just above his knee. Shelton was able to swim ashore after the bite and was immediately taken to the hospital to be treated for his wounds. He later learns that the shark attack was likely from a 7-foot bull shark … read more